- bank draft
- nouna draft drawn by a bank against funds deposited in another bank• Syn: ↑banker's draft
* * *noun: a demand draft drawn by one bank upon funds to its account in another bank
* * *a draft drawn by one bank on another.Also called banker's bill.[1825-35, Amer.]
* * *bank draft nounA bill drawn by one bank upon another• • •Main Entry: ↑bank
* * *an order to pay someone that is sent from one bank to another bank, usually in a different countryThesaurus: general words relating to bankinghyponym
* * *bank draft,= bank bill. (Cf. ↑bank bill)
* * *n. a check drawn by a bank on its own funds in another bank
* * *noun, pl ⋯ drafts [count]: a check from one bank to another bank for money to be paid to a particular person or organization◇ In order to write a bank draft to another bank, a bank must have money in an account at that bank.
* * *a cheque paid by a bank to another bank or to a particular person or organization
Useful english dictionary. 2012.